By end of this month, I am completing 5 years with OmniTI. Before joining OmniTI, I was an Oracle DBA and worked mostly with closed source databases. I am grateful & fortunate that Theo and Robert provided me opportunity and guidance to work and contribute with open source technologies and most importantly an open source database PostgreSQL ! At OmniTI, if you don’t have hesitation to learn new technlogy, you will have smooth learning experience alongside working with your known technology for the clients. Most importantly, you can have access to technology leaders in the office. Ironically, I never worked for single company longer than a year before joining OmniTI in my career but now I am looking forward to learn and contribute to FOSS community working with OmniTI.
Since joining, I haven’t spent a day without learning a new thing . Are you bored at routine work? Come join OmniTI’s adventure, here I work!
Bravo to OmniTI & PosgreSQL and FOSS community!!
I found these lessons shared by someone! He learned from a 90 year old person … Good read!!
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it..
13. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind..
14. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
15. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
16. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
17. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
18. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
19. Over-prepare, then go with the flow.
20. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
21.. The most important sex organ is the brain.
22. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
23. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ”In five years, will this matter?”
24. Always choose life.
25. Forgive everyone everything.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
32. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
33. Your children get only one childhood.
34. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
35. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
36. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
37. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
38. The best is yet to come.
39. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
41. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
If you are working in IT industry, you must have come across these terms RAID10 and RAID5.
Let’s learn about RAID…
RAID 10 = Combining features of RAID 0 + RAID 1. It provides optimization for fault tolerance. RAID 0 helps to increase performance by striping volume data across multiple disk drives. RAID 1 provides disk mirroring which duplicates your data.
In RAID5, 4th disk is used for parity bit.
Database: We choose RAID10 over RAID5 for better performance.
Welcome to slowquery!!
This is my knowledge warehouse but query slowly!!
Looking forward to share useful tricks, tips etc..
Thanks for visiting!!
Publishing my own quote…
“Use documentation as map,not as GPS.”
xargs foo helps a lot for running parallel operation..
This is the example , how we can rebuild indexes parallel on postgres
cat create_index.sql | xargs -d “n” -L1 -P10 -I _CREATE_ psql -qAt -U postgres -p 5432 -d pagila -c “_CREATE_”
I have not posted blong since long time. I was busy with my personal problems and applying for MBA @ Carey Business school of Johns Hopkins University.
Waiting on the admission decision…will post the positive update soon!!
I feel that i should start my own blog after reading lots of blogs for professional and personal!!!
So..i am here with my first blog. Let me introduce myself.
Name : Denish Patel
Occupation: Oracle database Analyst @ OmniTi Inc, Columbia,MD
Looking forward to post 2-3 posts in a month!! Let’s see.