I thought to share conference details that I’m going to attend next month. If you aren’t aware but interested attending any of them.
- PostgresOpen at Chicago
- Postgres conference (Sept 17th – Sept 19th)
- Surge at National Harbor,MD
- Scalability and Performance Conference (Sept 24th – Sept 26th)
The speakers and talks lineup is looking interesting for both conferences. If you haven’t registered for them, it’s not too late yet!! If you are planning to attend anyone of them, looking forward to meet you in-person.
See you soon!
After having decade of experience managing small to large scale and/or varieties of database systems, here is my first try to come up with the top ten commandments of database management !
- Thou shalt always learn database systems strengths and weaknesses
- Thou shalt choose appropriate database to store and process data to empower business
- Thou shalt always build systems to be resilient/cope with failures
- Thou shalt implement automated restore procedures to test backups
- Thou shalt always trend and monitor database performance and maintenance metrics
- Thou shalt document and follow database change management procedure
- Thou shalt plan to upgrade database systems in timely manner
- Thou shalt always build tools to automate processes
- Thou shalt implement security policy and processes to secure data
- Thou shalt educate developers to write efficient code against databases
If your commandments list differs from mine, I’m interested to know your list. Please don’t hesitate to post in comment. Thanks!